Elena L. Fedorova - Candidate of Philological Sciences, Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The current work is a sociological study of an important scientific problem of professional motivation of students, who receive higher education in the Moscow and regional transport universities. The first-year students studying at the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport (RUT (MIIT)) and the first-year students studying at the Rostov State Transport University (RSTU) participated in the study. The paper has presented the questionnaire, the answers to the questions of which formed the basis of the current study. The paper has considered the close correlation between motivation of students and their employment after graduation. The study has demonstrated that in the first year of study it is possible to identify students who will not work in the chosen specialty in future. The teaching staff’s efforts to motivate students in the profession could reduce the proportion of those who do not plan to work in the field chosen for training.
Keywords: profession, motivation, human factor, social conditions of education, profession regulators.
- Anderman, E. M. Achievement motivation theory: Balancing precision and utility / E. M. Anderman // Contemporary Educational Psychology. ― 2020. — Vol. 61(3).
- Aelterman, N. Toward an integrative and fine-grained insight in motivating and demotivating teaching styles: The merits of a circumflex approach / N. Aelterman [and all] // Educational Psychology. — 2019. ― Vol. 111(3). ― P. 497—521.
- Jang, H. R. Teachers' intrinsic vs. extrinsic instructional goals predict their classroom motivating styles / H. R. Jang // Learning and Instruction. — 2019. ― Vol. 60(1). ― P. 286—300.
- Shulgina, T. A. Motivating students to participate in professionally oriented events management / T. A. Shulgina [and all] // The Education and Science Journal. — 2018. ― Vol. 1 (20). ― P. 96—115.
- Richard, M. Ryan. Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation from a self-determination theory perspective: Definitions, theory, practices, and future directions / M. Ryan Richard & L. Deci. Edward // Contemporary Educational Psychology. — 2020 // https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cedpsych.2020.101860
- Dukhno Nikolay A., Skuybedina Olga N. The Formation of Legal Culture of a Person in Order to Ensure Transport Safety” Transportation Research Procedia 61 (2022) 253–258 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2022.01.042
- Davis, R. Some Principles of Stratification / R. Davis, W. Moore // American Sociological Review/1945. ― Vol. 10, no 4. P. 242―249.