Sudenko V. - candidate of legal sciences, associate professor of the department «Criminal law, criminal procedure and forensics» of the Law Institute Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The problematic issues arising among theorists and practitioners regarding the use of the polygraph and the use of the resulting information in the disclosure and investigation of crimes, including the transport infrastructure. Various points of view on this problem are briefly analyzed, expressing an opinion about the use of evidence obtained as a result of the use of the polygraph as evidence, as well as those who exclude such data from the evidence.
Detection of crimes, detection of traces of criminal activity, their fixation, removal and investigation are unthinkable without the application of the provisions contained in the section criminology — criminalistic tactics. The article shows the development of many areas of forensic technology, created by using the latest technical and electronic scientific achievements, as well as computer technologies designed for the purpose of detection, investigation and prevention of crimes. The author reveals the existing obstacles to the wider use of technical and forensic tools in connection with the unresolved procedural issues regarding the confirmation of the admissibility and validity of the use of certain technical and forensic tools. As such, the polygraph-hardware and software complex, allowing to interview a particular person in real time with the simultaneous registration of changes in physiological parameters of the subject for the disclosure and investigation of a specific crime, as well as the use of dogs for identification by smell. Short opinions of both supporters of recognition of the data received with use of a polygraph, as proofs, and their opponents are given.
Keywords: crime; technical and criminalistic means; transport infrastructure; polygraph; psychophysiological state; polygraphologist.
- Volynsky, A. F. General provisions of forensic technology. — M., 1998.
- Sudenko, V. E. Forensics. — Pyatigorsk, 2008.
- Guzikov, V. G. Features of technical and criminalistic ensuring of the section, disclosure and investigation of crimes connected with terrorism. — Volgograd, 2003.
- Belkin, R. S. Criminology: problems, trends, prospects. General and particular theories. — M., 1987.
- The use of polygraph in the prevention, detection and investigation of crimes. — M., 2000.
- Volkolup, O. V. Polygraphic research in the modern criminal procedure of the Russian Federation // Theory and practice of forensic science in modern conditions: Materials of the international scientific-practical conference (February 14—15, 2007). — M. : Moscow state law Academy, 2007.
- Komissarov, V. I. The use of polygraph in the fight against crime // Legality. — 1995. — № 11
- Averyanova, T. V. Criminalistics / T. V. Averyanova [and other]. — M., 1999.
- Belkin, A. R. Code of criminal procedure: you cannot undo correct? — Vol. 2. Pretrial production. — 2nd ed. — M. : You right, 2017.