Galina V. Vypkhanova - Doctor of Law, professor, Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL)
The current paper has been prepared as part of the Strategic Academic Leadership Program “Priority-2030” and with the information support of the SPS ConsultantPlus.
Abstract. In the conditions of the modern civilizational crisis, the role of strategic planning is increasing to ensure environmental, climatic, biological, and other types of national security, environmental protection, and rational nature management. There has been given an assessment of strategic planning documents in the environmental sphere, considered the priority strategy areas as an integral part of the scientific trend of environmental law, the most important basis for state environmental policy and management. As a methodological basis for the development and implementation of environmental strategic planning documents, it is necessary to single out the principle of ecosystems (ecosystem approach), as well as the concept of sustainable development. Their application will contribute to solving the problems of strategic planning, including consistency, correlation between targets, tasks, indicators of strategies programs in the environmental sphere and strategy documents in other areas and trends. There have been given the proposals for adapting strategic planning in the environmental sphere and related areas to external and internal challenges and threats, and for increasing its effectiveness.
Keywords: strategic planning; environmental security; environment; rational use of natural resources; climate agenda; ecosystem approach; sustainable development.
- Vypkhanova, G. V. Gosudarstvennaya ekologicheskaya politika i dokumenty strategicheskogo planirovaniya [State environmental policy and strategic planning documents] / G. V. Vypkhanova, N. G. Zhavoronkova // Ekologicheskoye pravo. — 2016. — № 3. — S. 24—29.
- Zhavoronkova, N. G. Pravovyye problemy strategirovaniya v ekologicheskom prave [Legal problems of strategizing in environmental law] / N. G. Zhavoronkova, G. V. Vypkhanova // Lex russica. — 2020. — № 1. — S. 28—42.
- Brinchuk, M. M. Ekosisiyetmnyy podkhod v prave [Ecological approach in law] / M. M. Brinchuk // Ekologicheskoye pravo. — 2008. — № 1. — S. 6—14.
- Brinchuk, M. M. Pravovoy mekhanizm sokhraneniya (vosstanovleniya) ekologicheskikh sistem [Legal mechanism for the conservation (restoration) of ecological systems] / M. M. Brinchuk // Ekologicheskoye pravo. — 2008. — № 2. — S. 2—9.
- Zhavoronkova, N. G. Strategicheskiye napravleniya pravovogo obespecheniya ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti v Arkticheskoy zone Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Strategic directions of legal support of environmental security in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation] / N. G. Zhavoronkova, V. B. Agafonov // Aktual'nyye problemy rossiyskogo prava. — 2019. — № 7. — S. 161—171.
- Brinchuk, M. M. Kontseptsiya ustoychivogo razvitiya kak metodologicheskaya osnova tsivilizatsionnogo razvitiya [The concept of sustainable development as a methodological basis for civilizational development] / M. M. Brinchuk // Gosudarstvo i pravo. — 2014. — № 10. — S. 15—24.
- Zhavoronkova, N. G. Ekologo-pravovoye obespecheniye klimaticheskoy bezopasnosti Rossiyskoy Federatsii : monografiya [Ecological and legal support of the climatic security of the Russian Federation] / N. G. Zhavoronkova, YU. G. Shpakovskiy. — Moskva : Prospekt, 2022.