Aleksandr P. Ovechkin - Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, professor, Russian University of Transport
Abstract. After the adoption of the Federal Law “On Transport Security”, the term “acts of unlawful interference” firmly entered and became fixed in the legal transport terminology. However, its fixation in legislation caused a great controversy about the essence and content of this concept. Meanwhile, their application in theory and practice largely depends on terminological certainty and accuracy. It is no coincidence that the slogan of the ancient Roman laweyrs was “absoluta sententia expositore non indigent”, which means “a clear meaning does not require explanation”. Legal terms work effectively in case they are clearly defined and understood. Therefore, in the current paper, the author, joining the ongoing discussion on the term “acts of unlawful interference”, has made an attempt to give his own interpretation, to analyze the pros and cons of the legally established definition of this concept.
Keywords: transport; transport security; an act of unlawful interference; terrorism.
- Ryazanov, N. S. Akty nezakonnogo vmeshatel'stva kak osnovnaya ugroza transportnoy bezopasnosti Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Acts of unlawful interference as the main threat to the transport security of the Russian Federation] / N. S. Ryazanov // Vestnik Omskoy yuridicheskoy akademii. ― 2017. ― № 1.
- Dmitriyev, S. A. K voprosu o ponyatii «akt nezakonnogo vmeshatel'stva» v zakonodatel'stve o transportnoy bezopasnosti [To the question of the concept of "an act of unlawful interference" in the legislation on transport security] / S. A. Dmitriyev // Transportnoye pravo. ― 2009. ― № 1.
- Gribanov, D. V. Voprosy pravovogo regulirovaniya otnosheniy v oblasti tsifrovizatsii (novelly, sostoyaniye, riski) [Issues of legal regulation of relations in the field of digitalization (novelties, state, risks)] / D. V. Gribanov [i dr.] // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. ― 2020. ― № 4 (36).
- Zherebtsov, A. N. Kommentariy k Federal'nomu zakonu ot 9 fevralya 2007 g. № 16-FZ «O transportnoy bezopasnosti» (postateynyy) [Commentary to the Federal Law of February 9, 2007 No. 16-FZ “On Transport Security” (item-by-article)] / A. N. Zherebtsov // SPS Konsul'tantPlyus. 2017.
- Dmitriyev, S. N. Problemy obespecheniya transportnoy bezopasnosti portovoy infrastruktury [Problems of ensuring the transport security of the port infrastructure] / S. N. Dmitriyev // Transportnoye pravo. ― 2014. ― № 1.