Marina V. Mazaeva - consultant for the department ‘Transport Security Management’ of the Federal Agency for Maritime and River Transport
Abstract. The current paper has presented the results of the conducted systemic and legal analysis of one of the urgent issues of legal regulation in the field of transport security, which is problematic in nature and is directly related to the procedures for certification of transport security enforcement staff. Based on the analysis of regulatory legal acts, educational and scientific literature, the author of the paper has made a conclusion that currently the legislation does not fully regulate the issue of unambiguous and complete determination of the range of applicants for certification, which practically results in a conflict of interest between the employee and the employer with an appropriate certification when changing his place of work. The author has emphasized the fact that currently the employer is the only owner of the issued certificates of transport security enforcement staff. This conclusion has been confirmed by the fact that, according to the current legislation, only the employer is a contractual party of the agreement on certification, with the certification body and (or) the certification organization. According to the results of a formal dogmatic analysis of legal acts, there has been established that the employer in the arising legal relationship is the owner of transport infrastructure and (or) vehicles intended for cargo and passenger transportation, or a legal entity that is a transport security unit, or an organization claiming accreditation as such divisions. Accordingly, it is the employer who finances the activities related to accreditation and certification. Due to this fact, the issue of the certificate by the employer to the certified employee, if he changes his place of work, can be made only on a voluntary basis if there is no conflict of interest. If there are various conflicts of interest, the certificate is not issued to the employee by the employer. It is considered to be quite logical and reasonable that this circumstance significantly reduces the possibility for the owner of transport infrastructure facilities and (or) vehicles intended for cargo and passenger transportation to implement the established requirements in the field of transport security.
Keywords: transport security enforcement; transport security enforcement staff; certification of transport security enforcement staff.
- Bagreeva, E. G. Environmental Safety Conditions in the Transport Sector by Improving the Culture of Lawmaking / E. G. Bagreeva, A. I. Zemlin, S. Kh. Shamsunov // Ekoloji. — 2019. — T. 28. — № 107. — R. 4071—4076
- Transportnoye pravo [Transport law]. Obshchaya chast' : uchebnik / pod redaktsiyey N. A. Dukhno, A. I. Zemlina. — Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIITa, 2017.
- Zemlin, A. I. Aktual'nyye problemy pravovogo obespecheniya bezopasnosti transportnoy infrastruktury [Actual problems of legal security of transport infrastructure]: monografiya / A. I. Zemlin, I. V. Kholikov, A. A. Mel'nikova. — Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2019.
- Zemlin, A. I. Organizatsionnyye i pravovyye problemy podgotovki kadrov dlya sistemy obespecheniya transportnoy bezopasnosti [Organizational and legal problems of personnel training for the system of ensuring transport security] // Transportnoye pravo i transportnaya bezopasnost' — 2019. — № 4(32). — S. 65—74.
- Zemlin, A. I. Protivodeystviye terrorizmu. Organizatsionno-pravovoye obespecheniye na transporte [Counteraction to terrorism. Organizational and legal support in transport]: uchebnoye posobiye dlya bakalavriata, spetsialiteta i magistratury (grif UMO VO) / A. I. Zemlin, V. V. Kozlov. — Moskva : Izdatel'stvo Yurayt, 2019.
- Koryakin, V. M. O sootnoshenii ponyatiya «transportnaya bezopasnost'» so smezhnymi ponyatiyami v oblasti bezopasnosti na transporte [On the relationship between the concept of "transport security" and related concepts in the field of transport security] // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. — 2017. — № 11. — S. 26—32.
- Pravovyye problemy obespecheniya transportnoy bezopasnosti [Legal problems of ensuring transport security]: monografiya / N. A. Dukhno [i dr.] ; pod obshchey redaktsiyey A. I. Zemlina. — Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2018.
- Sidorkin, A. I. O meste transportnogo prava v sisteme rossiyskogo prava [On the place of transport law in the system of Russian law] // Transportnyye sistemy: tendentsii razvitiya : sbornik trudov mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii / pod obshchey redaktsiyey B. A. Levina. — Moskva, 2016. — S. 554—556.
- Sidorkin, A. I. Filosofsko-pravovyye problemy ponimaniya bezopasnosti [Philosophical and legal problems of understanding security] // Agrarnoye i zemel'noye pravo. — 2019. — № 11(179). — S. 47—49.
- Transportnaya gazeta «Yevraziya Vesti» [Transport newspaper "Eurasia Vesti"]// Transportnaya bezopasnost': problemy i resheniya. — 2017. — Vyp. V.