Ivan V. Kholikov - Doctor of Law, professor, professor of the department of state-juridical disciplines of the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, deputy supervisor of the direction ‘Transport security’ of the Scientific-Advisory Section of the Center for Security Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SAS CSS RAS)
Aleksandr Ig. Zemlin - Doctor of law, professor, head of the department ‘Transport Law’ of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport, honored scientist of the Russian Federation, supervisor of the direction ‘Transport security’ of the Scientific-Advisory Section of the Center for Security Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Abstract. The current paper has examined the present state and main tendencies in the development of the criminal legislation of the PR China after the adoption of the Criminal Code in 1979, due to the political and economic changes. Taking into account the significant formal and dogmatic shortcomings identified in the process of law enforcement there has been a great necessity to make significant amendments through the adoption of numerous regulatory legal acts in the field of criminal law. This circumstance undoubtedly introduced a certain dissonance into the entire system of this legal branch. In order to form a unified and holistic view of the current Criminal Code, there has been conducted an analysis of the individual amendments which are the most important for the regulation of transport relations adopted in recent years. The current paper has also provided an overview of the current criminal law practice in China, has presented some crime statistics, discussed the tendencies specific to the criminal regulation of transport activities. At the same time, the authors have emphasized the attention paid by the Criminal law of China to the issues of enforcing the transport infrastructure security, both from the point of view of economic development, and ensuring geopolitical stability and security of the state. Indeed, for China, transport is the most important component of the country's economy, as well as the infrastructure component and the basis for the development of all other types of economy. In this regard, there has been emphasized that the specifics of China’s positive criminal law in the field of liability for crimes against transport security is that the legal provisions providing for the corresponding criminal sanction for offenses, in particular, in non-compliance with the established procedure for the functioning of the elements of the transport complex were formulated by simple dispositions and at the same time they had a minimum number of qualifying features. There has been noted that the specifics of the positive law of China in the field of criminal liability for violation of traffic rules, on the contrary, is the legalization of an impressive array of qualifying features. The abovementioned has allowed the authors to conclude about the necessity for constructive cooperation between legal scholars of the two states. The authors of the paper consider that the study of the problems of counteracting certain types of modern crime is an important area of scientific cooperation. No less significant is the interaction of the leading transport universities in Russia and China, which train lawyers in transport, as part of joint projects to study the experience of teaching legal disciplines, exchange students for various programs, including postgraduate programs, as well as networking.
Keywords: Criminal law of PR China; crimes; transport; corruption; cooperation; national and international security.
- Damaskin, O. V. Transnatsional'naya organizovannaya prestupnost' [Transnational organized crime: problems of international and national security]: problemy mezhdunarodnoy i natsional'noy bezopasnosti. ― Moskva : Yurlitizdat, 2019.
- Damaskin, O. V. Protivodeystviye sovremennomu ekstremizmu i terrorizmu [Counteraction to modern extremism and terrorism] / O. V. Damaskin, V. V. Krasinskiy, A. V. Kozlov. ― Moskva : Yuniti-Dana, 2019.
- Damaskin, O. V. Sovremennoye sostoyaniye i razvitiye ugolovnogo prava Kitayskoy Narodnoy Respubliki [The current state and development of criminal law of the People's Republic of China] / O. V. Damaskin, I. V. Kholikov // Trudy Instituta gosudarstva i prava RAN. ― 2018. ― № 3.
- Dukhno, N. A. Pravovyye problemy obespecheniya transportnoy bezopasnosti [Legal problems of ensuring transport safety] / N. A. Dukhno [i dr.]. ― Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2018.
- Zemlin, A. I. Pravovoye obespecheniye bezopasnosti transportnoy infrastruktury [Legal support for the safety of transport infrastructure] / A. I. Zemlin, I. V. Kholikov, A. A. Mel'nikova. ― Moskva : MIIT, 2019.
- Petro, S. A. Ugolovnaya otvetstvennost' za narusheniya pravil, obespechivayushchikh bezopasnuyu rabotu transporta po ugolovnomu zakonodatel'stvu Rossii i Kitaya [Criminal liability for violations of the rules ensuring the safe operation of transport under the criminal laws of Russia and China] // Aktual'nyye voprosy bor'by s prestupleniyami. ― 2014. ― № 2.
- Troshchinskiy, P. V. Bor'ba s prestupnost'yu v Kitaye: normativno-pravovoy aspekt [The fight against crime in China: the regulatory aspect] // Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava. ― 2015. ― № 8. ― S. 47―58.
- Troshchinskiy, P. V. Normativno-pravovoye regulirovaniye bor'by s «p'yanym vozhdeniyem»: opyt Kitaya [Legal regulation of the fight against “drunk driving”: the experience of China] // Zhurnal zarubezhnogo zakonodatel'stva i sravnitel'nogo pravovedeniya. ― 2015. ― № 6.
- Troshchinskiy, P. V. Osnovnyye napravleniya bor'by s prestupnost'yu v sovremennom Kitaye [The main directions of the fight against crime in modern China] // Problemy Dal'nego Vostoka. ― 2011. ― № 2.
- Kholikov, I. V. Mezhdunarodno-pravovyye i voyenno-politicheskiye voprosy sovremennogo miroustroystva [International legal and military-political issues of the modern world order] / I. V. Kholikov, A. I. Konurov // Vestnik Akademii voyennykh nauk. ― 2015. ― № 4.
- Sbornik materialov Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii «Pravovyye i organizatsionnyye problemy protivodeystviya korruptsii v organizatsiyakh s gosudarstvennym uchastiyem [Collection of materials of the International scientific-practical conference "Legal and organizational problems of combating corruption in organizations with state participation] (na primere OAO «Rossiyskiye zheleznyye dorogi»). ― Moskva, 2018.
- Khe Binsun. Tendentsii razvitiya prestupnosti v KNR [Crime development trends in the PRC] // Kriminologicheskiy zhurnal Baykal'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta ekonomiki i prava. ― 2013. ― № 1. ― S. 127―129.
- Chzhao Le. Kratkoye izlozheniye ob ugolovnom kodekse KNR [A summary of the criminal code of the PRC] // Obrazovaniye i nauka v Rossii i za rubezhom. ― 2017. ― № 2 (31). ― S. 47―50.
- Jia, W. The Era Evolution of China’s Cyber Security Risks and Transition of Corresponding Criminal Law Strategies / W. Jia, L. Huaisheng // China Legal Science. ― 2017. ― Vol. 5. ― Iss. 4. ― P. 25―51.
- Jiahong, H. Assessment and Analysis of Corruption in China // China Legal Science. ― 2015. ― Vol. 3. ― Iss. 5. ― P. 3―35.
- Jiang, Sh. Community Corrections in China: Development and Challenges / Sh. Jiang [and all] // Prison Journal. ― 2014. ― Vol. 94. ― Iss. 1. ― P. 75―96.
- Na? J. Death Penalty Reforms in China: Lessons from Wrongful Convictions? // Tsinghua China Law Review. ― 2013. ― Vol. 5. ― Iss. 2. ― P. 126―150.
- Sidorkin, A. I. Theoretical Issues of «Security» Concept // A. I. Sidorkin, D. V. Iroshnikov // Journal of Politics and Law. ― 2019. ― Vol. 12. ― №. 3. ― P. 34―39.