Mariya An. Matveeva - Candidate of Law, associate professor of the department of Transport Law of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The Constitution of the Russian Federation, among other guarantees of an individual and a citizen, establishes a right to inviolability of the person, his personal and family secrets (P. 1 of Article 23), and also contains a ban on the collection, storage, use and dissemination of the data about his private life without his consent (P. 1 of Article 24). In addition, the Constitution of the Russian Federation establishes that the recognition, observance and protection of the rights and freedoms of the person and the citizen is the duty of the state (Article 2), which can be implemented in ensuring their preventive protection by defining the legal grounds for the collection, storage, use and dissemination of the data about the private life of a person constituting his personal or family secrets, as well as in establishing measures of legal liability (clauses “c”, “o” in Article 71, paragraph “b” part 1 of Article 72,), including criminal legal sanctions for illegal actions that cause damage to individual rights specially protected by the Constitution of the Russian Federation. Analyzing the abovementioned norms of the Constitution of the Russian Federation, it can be stated that the inviolability of the data the private life of a person is a basic principle that should guide any person’s activities in civil document circulation. At the same time, the present technologies, the widespread use of the Internet and marketing such as targeting and personalized offers, make us consider these issues not from the point of view of legal formalism, but from the point of view of expediency and keeping a balance between the need to comply with the abovementioned constitutional guarantees and real benefits for the consumer. In the current paper, based on the analysis of existing commercial practices in the use of the data on the example of transport industry, the author has concluded that the balance between private interest in respect of inviolability guaranteed by the Constitution of the Russian Federation and commercial interest in the processing of personal data to improve quality service is quite achievable if the service enterprises comply with the constitutional principles and mechanisms established by the legislative and supervised bodies for their fulfillment.
Keywords: inviolability of private life; consumer’s data; commercial air transportation; obligatory consent of a person for his data processing.
- E-commerce i vzaimosvyazannyye oblasti (pravovoye regulirovaniye) [E-commerce and interrelated areas (legal regulation)]: sbornik statey / A. A. Bogustov [i dr.] ; otvetstvennyy redaktor M. A. Rozhkova. — Moskva : Statut, 2019.
- Savel'yev, A. I. Napravleniya regulirovaniya Bol'shikh dannykh i zashchita neprikosnovennosti chastnoy zhizni v novykh ekonomicheskikh realiyakh [Directions of Big Data regulation and protection of privacy in the new economic realities] // Zakon. — 2018. — № 5. — S. 122—144.
- Romanova, A. YU. K voprosu o pravovom rezhime Bol'shikh dannykh [On the legal regime of Big Data] // Konstitutsionnoye i munitsipal'noye pravo. — 2019. — № 8. — S. 20—25.
- Bondar', N. S. Informatsionno-tsifrovoye prostranstvo v konstitutsionnom izmerenii: iz praktiki Konstitutsionnogo Suda Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Information-digital space in the constitutional dimension: from the practice of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation] // Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava. — 2019. — № 11. — S. 25—42.
- Zor'kin, V. D. Pravo v tsifrovom mire [Law in the digital world] // Rossiyskaya gazeta. Stolichnyy vypusk. — 2018. — № 7578 (115).
- Sergeyev, M. Polet v Tsifrovom prostranstve [Flight in Digital Space] // Vozdushnyy transport. — Vyp. 6. — 2019. — 30 maya // https://plus.rbc.ru/news/5ce653397a8aa91d09166296.
- Zykova, V. Roskomnadzor zapretil sbor dannykh pol'zovateley «VKontakte» [Roskomnadzor banned the collection of user data on VKontakte] // https://iz.ru/625543/vladimir-zykov/roskomnadzor-zapretil-sobirat-dannye-polzovatelei-vkontakte.
- Frolov, A. Roskomnadzor zapretil svobodnuyu obrabotku personal'nykh dannykh iz «Vkontakte»: chem eto grozit biznesu [Roskomnadzor banned the free processing of personal data from Vkontakte: what threatens business] // https://vc.ru/flood/25542-rkn-vk-rules.