Olga V. Novikova - Candidate of Law, docent, associate professor of the department 'Criminal law, criminal procedure and criminalistics' of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. Transport is the most important branch of the Russian economy, therefore the successful implementation of the state economic strategy and the normal functioning of industry, agriculture and trade depend on the efficiency of its work. The number of crimes on transport in the whole country has decreased since 2013, however, there has been seen their growth in 2017. According to forecasts, by the end of 2019 the number of crimes can well exceed the level of 2013. Judicial-investigatory practice on the railway shows that the greatest public danger and material damage is caused precisely by the theft of goods committed directly from rolling stock. The rates of crimes in the field of railway freight currently remain high. The crimes under consideration have a peculiar specificity, due to the work of the railway transport itself, which significantly complicates their prompt detection, clearance and prevention. The current paper provides statistics on the types of crimes that are committed on railway transport. It has been noted that transport crimes are latent. When developing measures to prevent crimes on railway, it is especially necessary to take into account the causes of latency and the specific features of railway lines.
Keywords: railway transport; crime; cargo theft; freight/transportation; specific ratio.
- Sudenko, V. Ye. Transportnyye prestupleniya: osobennosti kvalifikatsii [Transport crimes: features of qualification] // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. — 2017. — № 11(11). — S. 15—20.
- Grechukha, V. N. Transportnoye pravo: pravovoye regulirovaniye deyatel'nosti zheleznodorozhnogo transporta [Transport law: legal regulation of railway transport]: monografiya. — Moskva : Yustitsiya, 2019.
- Gruzdeva, L. M. Statisticheskoye issledovaniye sostoyaniya i struktury prestupnosti na transporte v Rossiyskoy Federatsii za 2013—2018 gg. [A statistical study of the state and structure of crime in transport in the Russian Federation for 2013—2018]// Yevraziyskoye nauchnoye ob"yedineniye. — 2018. — № 5(27). — S. 111—113.
- Parshakov, A. S. K voprosu o viktimologicheskoy profilaktike prestupleniy na transporte [On the issue of victimological prevention of crime in transport] // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. — 2017. — № 8(20). — S. 20—27.
- Dukhno, N. A. Pravovaya okhrana atmosfernogo vozdukha na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Legal protection of atmospheric air in railway transport] / N. A. Dukhno, V. I. Ivakin // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. — 2017. — № 12(24). — S. 7—22.
- Zemlin, A. I. Aktual'nyye problemy razvitiya transportnogo zakonodatel'stva i transportnogo prava Rossii [Actual problems of the development of transport legislation and transport law of Russia]: monografiya / A. I. Zemlin, YU. I. Petrov, YU. A. Kharlamova. — Moskva : Rusayns, 2019.