Denis V. Iroshnikov. Security as an element of the legal relations arising on the basis of transport obligations in civil law
Denis V. Iroshnikov - Candidate of Law, docent, associate professor of the department 'Theory of law, history of law and international law' of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The current paper has considered security theoretically and legally as an element of the legal relations arising on the basis of transport obligations in the Russian civil law. A popular short-term car rental (car sharing) the legal nature of which is still not defined in current Russian legislation is of particular relevance to this current study. The author discusses security as a mandatory element of the transport obligations, which today do not contain a legislative requirement to include provisions on safety and quality of transportation in them. Analyzing the combined application of protective norms of administrative and criminal legislation and civil law norms, the author notes the necessity for systematic and integrated regulation in security issues. In his opinion, the obligations of the carrier (landlord) to the consumer are primary in these legal relations compared with the security standards, and they, first of all, should include provisions on the trip safety. Based on the current study, the author proposes fundamental changes to the current civil legislation aimed at additional guarantees of the safety of transport legal relations.
Keywords: security; transport safety; vehicle rent; shipping; taxi; car sharing.
- Abramov, V. V. Teoretiko-pravovoye issledovaniye ponyatiya «bezopasnost'» v grazhdanskom i predprinimatel'skom prave [Theoretical and legal study of the concept of “security” in civil and business law] // Vlast' Zakona. — 2014. — № 3.
- Ayusheyeva, I. Z. Grazhdansko-pravovoye regulirovaniye otnosheniy po sovmestnomu ispol'zovaniyu transportnykh sredstv na primere karsheringa [Civil-law regulation of relations on the joint use of vehicles on the example of car sharing] // Vestnik Universiteta imeni O. Ye. Kutafina (MGYUA). — 2019. — № 2.
- Bubnovskaya, T. A. K voprosu o karsheringe: pravovyye aspekty [On the issue of car sharing: legal aspects] / T. A. Bubnovskaya, YU. B. Suvorov // Yurist. — 2018. — № 7.
- Garina, O. V. Pravo grazhdan na bezopasnost' perevozok legkovym taksi [The right of citizens to the safety of carriage by taxi] // Upravleniye deyatel'nost'yu po obespecheniyu bezopasnosti dorozhnogo dvizheniya: sostoyaniye, problemy, puti sovershenstvovaniya. — 2019. — № 1.
- Kolpakov, R. V. Analiz praktiki zaklyucheniya dogovora perevozki passazhirov i bagazha avtomobil'nym transportom [Analysis of the practice of concluding a contract for the carriage of passengers and baggage by road] // Probely v rossiyskom zakonodatel'stve. — 2015. — № 1.
- Korkunov, N. M. Lektsii po obshchey teorii prava [Lectures on the general theory of law]. — Moskva : Rossiyskaya politicheskaya entsiklopediya (ROSSPEN), 2010.
- Mel'nikova, T. Ye. Problemy zashchity prav passazhirov v sfere taksomotornykh perevozok [Problems of protecting the rights of passengers in the field of taxi transportation] / T. Ye. Mel'nikova, S. Ye. Mel'nikov, A. O. Borovkov // Vestnik MADI. — 2018. — № 1.