Anatoliy N. Shevchuk - Candidate of Law, professor, professor of the department 'Civil law, international private law, civil procedure' of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Polina N. Motina - student of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. Consideration of general jurisdiction of civil cases in disputes arising in the field of transport legal relations is carried out in accordance with the general rules provided for by the norms of the Civil Procedure Code of the Russian Federation (hereinafter the CPC RF). At the same time, legal proceedings in this category of cases are distinguished by a number of distinctive features. One of them is a regulation of judicial proof not only by the rules of the CPC RF, but also by a branch legislation in the field of transport legal relations. The norms of the branches of law in the field of transport supplement and specify the legal regulation of certain aspects of proof in disputes arising in this field. However, there are the questions that require a critical analysis, an assessment of the justification of the provisions of the branch transport legislation in relation to the regulation of the proving process, their compliance with the principles of the civil process. In this regard, the current study analyzes the civil procedural rules and presumptions provided by the transport legislation, as applied to the parties proving the stated requirements or objections. There has been paid attention to problematic issues related to the definition of the range of proof used in the courts' consideration of disputes in the field of transport. There has been also given a critical assessment of the commercial act as written evidence and its important role in establishing the facts of violations during goods transportation by rail. The analysis of the theoretical provisions of civil procedural law, transport law, as well as relevant legislation and the practice of its application, made it possible to find the ways to improve the legislation in order to ensure competitiveness of legal proceedings and procedural equality of the parties during considering civil cases in disputes arising in the field of transport.
Keywords: legal proceedings on disputes in the field of transport; civil procedural law; transport legislation; procedural equality; competitiveness of the parties; presumption; written evidence; commercial act; acts of general form; proof; burden of proof; evidence.
- Stankevich, G. V. Dokazyvaniya, dokazatel'stva i sredstva dokazyvaniya v grazhdanskom i arbitrazhnom sudoproizvodstvakh [Evidence, evidence and means of proof in civil and arbitration proceedings]: monografiya. — Moskva : KnoRus, 2019.
- Treushnikov, M. K. Sudebnyye dokazatel'stva [Judicial evidence]: monografiya. — Moskva : Gorodets, 2017.
- Vlasov, A. A. Osobennosti dokazyvaniya v sudoproizvodstve: nauchno-prakticheskoye posobiye [Features of evidence in legal proceedings: a scientific and practical manual] / A. A. Vlasov, I. N Luk'yanova., S. V. Nekrasov ; pod redaktsiyey A. A. Vlasova. — Moskva : Ekzamen, 2004.
- Transportnoye pravo [Transport law]: uchebnik / V. A. Yegiazarov. — 8-ye izd., pererab. i dop. — Moskva : Yustitsinform, 2015.
- Reshetnikova, I. V. Spravochnik po dokazyvaniyu v grazhdanskom sudoproizvodstve [Directory of evidence in civil proceedings] / pod redaktsiyey I. V. Reshetnikovoy — 6-ye izd., dop. i pererab. — Moskva : NITS INFRA-M, 2016.
- Grazhdanskiy protsess : uchebnik i praktikum dlya vuzov [Civil process: textbook and workshop for universities] / M. YU. Lebedev [i dr.] ; pod redaktsiyey M. YU. Lebedeva. — 4-ye izd., pererab. i dop. — Moskva : Izdatel'stvo Yurayt, 2019.
- Kayl', YA. YA. Grazhdanskiy protsess [Civil process] : uchebnik. — Moskva : Yustitsiya, 2019.