Sudenko Vladimir E. - candidate of Law, docent, associate professor of the department "Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics", Law Institute, Russian University of Transport (MIIT)
Abstract. The fight against organized crime requires a very serious approach in the process of finding and recording information about the criminal activities of organized criminal groups. There are considered the issues of operational detection, investigation and collection of information concerning criminal activity of groups and communities. The article considers the necessity to use all kinds of forces and means, both public and secret, to establish types of criminal activity, crime scenes, traits and characteristics possessed by both leaders of organized criminal groups and communities, and leaders of all levels of the criminal structure, as well as individual members of these groups and communities. The article reveals the necessity to develop tactics to carry out operational-intelligence measures in the process of operational-investigative activity in relation to the organized crime, as well as the most general principles of private methods of their production. The paper emphasizes the need to define the moment of implementation of the collected operational and intelligence information, as this work is allowed to be neither premature nor delayed in order to avoid loss of evidential effect of the collected materials.
Keywords: organized crime; operational-investigative activity; criminal community; organized criminal group; intelligence information; leaders of criminal groups; criminal activity.
- Dubyagina, O. P. Normy, obychai i sredstva kommunikatsii kriminal'noy sredy [Norms, customs and means of communication of the criminal environment]. — M., 2008.
- Sudenko, V. Ye. Kriminalistika [Criminalistics]. — Pyatigorsk, 2008.
- Kalinkovich, A. V. Ispol'zovaniye operativno-rozysknykh meropriyatiy pri dokazyvanii obstoyatel'stv prestupleniy, sovershennykh organizovannymi gruppami // Problemy raskrytiya i rassledovaniya prestupleniy, sovershennykh organizovannymi gruppami: sb. [The use of operational-investigative measures in proving the circumstances of crimes committed by organized groups // Problems of disclosure and investigation of crimes committed by organized groups]. — Minsk, 2000.
- Ovchinskiy, V. S. Operativno-rozysknaya informatsiya [Operational-investigative information]. — M., 2000.
- Sudenko, V. Ye. Ugolovnoye pravo. Obshchaya chast': ucheb. posobiye / pod red. A. G. Kibal'nik [Criminal law. General part: studies. manual / ed. A. G. Kibalnik]. — Pyatigorsk, 2007.
- Osnovy bor'by s organizovannoy prestupnost'yu [Fundamentals of the fight against organized crime]/ ed. by V. S. Ovchinskogo, V. Ye. Eminova, N. P. Yablokova. — M., 1996.