Mariya S. Kornukova - Russian University of Transport, KornukovaMS@economy.gov.ru
Abstract. The relevance of the current study is due to the fact that at present the most effective way of transportation, which allows to ensure high freight capacity, speed and timeliness of delivery of goods to their destination and a high level of transport security, is transportation by various modes of transport (direct mixed transportation). At the same time, the legal regulation of direct mixed (multimodal) transportation contains a number of unresolved problems and issues of a legal nature. Therefore, the development of the organization of direct mixed (multimodal) transportation is one of the urgent strategic tasks of the Russian transport sector. The current paper deals with the study of the main terminological approaches of domestic and foreign scientists in describing transportation by various modes of transport. The author has investigated the problem of terminological inaccuracy and the lack of a unified approach to the essence of the concepts of “direct mixed transportation”, “combined transportation”, “transportation in direct mixed traffic”, “intermodal transportation”, “multimodal transportation”. As a result of the analysis of sectoral transport legislation, as well as the draft federal law “On direct mixed (combined) transportation”, there has been identified a number of shortcomings of the modern transport legislation of the Russian Federation, and there have been made proposals aimed at improving it. The purpose of the study was to investigate a system of different views and approaches to the formation of a unified concept of the interpretation of terms in the transport sector, their systematization and improvement. In the paper there has been considered the main advantages of transportation by various modes of transport, and identified a number of problematic aspects in the field of legal regulation of transportation.
Keywords: transportation; direct mixed transportation; multimodal transportation; combined transportation; intermodal transportation.
- Aman Dua, Deepankar Sinha. Quality of multimodal freight transportation: a systematic literature review // World Review of Intermodal Transportation Research (WRITR). ― 2019. ― Vol. 8. ― № 2. ― P. 167—194.
- TRANS/WP.24/2000/1. Mezhdunarodnyye pravila tolkovaniya torgovykh terminov «Inkoterms 2000» [International rules for the interpretation of trade terms "Incoterms 2000"] // Materialy Mezhdunarodnoy torgovoy palaty izdatel'stvom Vneshneekonomicheskogo Tsentra «Sovinteryur». ― Moskva, 1992.
- Bazhina, M. A. «Ponyatiynyy bum» pri osushchestvlenii perevozok razlichnymi vidami transporta v Rossii i za rubezhom: sravnitel'nyy analiz / M. A. Bazhina, Ye. P. Shchekochikhina [Conceptual boom” in the implementation of transportation by various modes of transport in Russia and abroad: a comparative analysis] // Vestnik universiteta im. O. Ye. Kutafina (MGYUA). ― 2021. ― № 1 (77).
- Bazhina, M. A. Pravovoye regulirovaniye pryamykh smeshannykh perevozok v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Legal regulation of direct multimodal transportation in the Russian Federation] / M. A. Bazhina, Ye. P. Shchekochikhina // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. 2020. № 3(35).
- Butakova, N. A. Pravovoye regulirovaniye pryamoy smeshannoy perevozki gruzov : dis. … d-ra yurid. nauk [Legal regulation of direct mixed transportation of goods] / N. A. Butakova. ― Moskva, 2021.
- Krasavchikov, O. A. Yuridicheskiye fakty v sovetskom grazhdanskom prave [Legal facts in the Soviet civil law] / O. A. Krasavchikov. — Moskva : Gosyurizdat, 1950.
- Pokrovskiy, I. A. Osnovnyye problemy grazhdanskogo prava [Main problems of civil law] / I. A. Petrovskiy. — Moskva : Statut, 1998.
- Troitskaya, N. A. Mul'timodal'nyye sistemy transportirovki i intermodal'nyye tekhnologii [Multimodal transportation systems and intermodal technologies]: uchebnoye posobiye / N. A. Troitskaya, A. B. Chubukov, M. V. Shilimov. — Moskva : Izdatel'skiy tsentr «Akademiya», 2009.
- Shershenevich, G. F. Uchebnik torgovogo prava [Textbook of commercial law] / G. F. Shershenevich. ― Moskva : Spark, 1994.