Kseniya Ev. Dovgan, Nataliya Ev. Kovalenko. Review of the article «Issues of applicable law in the sphere of tort relations with a foreign element» by A. O. Inshakova, Yu. A. Tymchuk
Kseniya Ev. Dovgan - Candidate of Law, associate professor of the Law Institute of the Altai State University (Barnaul)
Nataliya Ev. Kovalenko - Master’s Degree student of the Law Institute of the Altai State University (Barnaul)
Abstract. The current paper has provided the review of the article “Issues of applicable law in the sphere of tort relations with a foreign element”, prepared by the authors of the department of civil and international private law of the Institute of Law of the Volgograd State University. In the article there were considered tort legal relations on the example of road relations. In practice, there are often the questions of how the damage obligations are regulated if a transport accident occurred on the territory of a foreign state with the participation of a Russian citizen or between foreign citizens on the territory of the Russian Federation. From the general group of conflict rules in the field of tort legal relations, there have been analyzed the special rules regulating road legal relations. Uncertainty in the regulation of tort legal relations with a foreign element in the transport sector occurs due to the absence of mandatory norms governing disputed legal relations. The existing variety of conflict rules sometimes creates difficulties for law enforcement authorities in resolving legal disputes.
Keywords: tort relations; choice of applicable law; damage.
- Asoskov, A. V. Reforma razdela VI «Mezhdunarodnoye chastnoye pravo» Grazhdanskogo kodeksa RF [Reform of Section VI “International Private Law” of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation] / A. V. Askokov // Khozyaystvo i pravo. — 2014. — № 2. — S. 3—28.
- Bankovskiy, A. V. Deliktnyye obyazatel'stva v mezhdunarodnom chastnom prave [Delicate obligations in private international law]: avtoref. dis. ... kand. yurid. nauk / A. V. Bankovskiy. — Moskva, 2002.
- Grazhdanskiy kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Civil Code of the Russian Federation]. Chast' tret'ya. Razdel VI «Mezhdunarodnoye chastnoye pravo». Kommentariy i postateynyye materialy / otvetstvennyy redaktor N. I. Marysheva. — Moskva : Kontrakt: Infra-M, 2004.
- Inshakova, A. O. Voprosy primenimogo prava v sfere deliktnykh otnosheniy s inostrannym elementom [Issues of applicable law in the sphere of tort relations with a foreign element] / A. O. Inshakova, YU. A. Tymchuk // Vestnik Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. ― Seriya 5: Yurisprudentsiya. ― 2016. ― T. 15. ― № 4 (33). — S. 105―114.
- Marysheva, N. I. Sovremennyye tendentsii kollizionnogo regulirovaniya deliktnykh obyazatel'stv: Reglament YES 2007 g. «O prave, podlezhashchem primeneniyu k vnedogovornym obyazatel'stvam» (Rim II) i Rossiyskoye zakonodatel'stvo [Modern tendencies of conflict regulation of tort obligations: EU Regulation 2007 "On the law applicable to non-contractual obligations" (Rome II) and Russian legislation] / N. I. Marysheva // Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava. ― 2016. ― №6. — S. 63―73.
- Postateynyy kommentariy k razdelu VI [Article-by-article commentary to section VI] / M. M. Boguslavskiy [i dr.] ; pod redaktsiyey P. V. Krasheninnikova. ― Moskva : Statut, 2014.