Olga R. Afanasieva, Valentina Iv. Shiyan. Current trends in drug trafficking at transport facilities
Olga R. Afanasieva - Doctor of Law, docent, professor of the department ‘Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics’ of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Valentina Iv. Shiyan - Candidate of Law, docent, associate professor of the department ‘Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics’ of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. Among the priority tasks for the majority of the world countries is an anti-drug issue, including at transport infrastructure facilities. Transport in Russia (especially road and rail) is actively used by organized criminal groups and criminal communities for drug transportation. Despite the joint effort increase in drug threat to control, the conduct of international anti-drug operations, the development and use of the Interstate Information Bank, the establishment of specialized units for drug trafficking control, the problem of proliferation of drugs, psychotropic and potent substances, precursors of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances still continues to be of great relevance. The current paper has presented the study results of the statistical indices of the PKI “GIAC of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia” for the period from 2015 to 2019 (first of all, information on the state of drug-related crimes and the persons who committed them in Russia both as a whole and at transport facilities; on the state of criminality on air, railway and other modes of transport in the Russian Federation; a summary report on the state of criminality in transport), sentences of federal courts of general jurisdiction in cases of illegal drug trafficking, fundamental provisions of domestic criminology, which made it possible to identify current trends in drug criminality at transport facilities, to conduct a comparative legal analysis with national indices. Particular attention has been paid to using the capabilities of modern science in the process of production of new drugs and drug trafficking. According to the authors, the decline trends recorded in 2019 were primarily due to the efficiency of the preventive activities of law enforcement agencies. The conclusions made by the authors will allow expanding the scope of criminological knowledge about the current condition and trends of drug criminality at transport facilities, to justify the development of more effective preventive measures, to timely identify new threats to transport security and purposefully apply organizational and managerial decisions.
Keywords: drug criminality; drug trafficking; threats; traffic criminality; transport infrastructure facilities; drug situation; state of criminality; criminality trends.
- Borisov, A. V. Ugrozy transportnoy bezopasnosti [Threats to transport security]// Vestnik Akademii Sledstvennogo komiteta Rossiyskoy Federatsii. — 2020. — № 2 (24) — S. 76—79.
- Goncharova, M. V. Sostoyaniye organizovannoy prestupnosti v Rossii [The state of organized crime in Russia]/ M. V. Goncharova, V. I. Shiyan // Vestnik akademii prava i upravleniya. — 2018. — № 1 (50). — S. 21 — 26.
- Matskevich, I. M. Narkotiki v Rossii i v mire. Kriminologicheskiye ocherki [Drugs in Russia and in the world. Criminological essays]: monografiya / I. M. Matskevich, Z. S. Zaripov. — Moskva : Elit, 2009.
- Fedorov, A. V. Vzaimosvyaz' nezakonnogo potrebleniya narkotikov i ikh nezakonnogo oborota [The relationship between illegal drug use and their illegal turnover]// Narkokontrol'. — 2013. — № 3. — S. 5—13.
- Fedorov, A. V. Voprosy narkologii v trudakh professora Igorya Mikhaylovicha Matskevicha [Issues of narcology in the works of Professor Igor Mikhailovich Matskevich]// Narkokontrol'. — 2019. — T. 1. — S. 4—10.
- Fedorov, A. V. Narkokriminologiya kak odno iz napravleniy kriminologii [Drug criminology as one of the directions of criminology]// Narkokontrol'. — 2013. — № 1. — S. 4—27.
- Fedorov, A. V. O kriminalizatsii oborota novykh potentsial'no opasnykh psikhoaktivnykh veshchestv [On the criminalization of the circulation of new potentially dangerous psychoactive substances]// Antinarkoticheskaya bezopasnost'. — 2015. — № 2 (5).