Olga M. Zemlina - Candidate of law, docent, associate professor of the department ‘Transport Law’ of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport, honored worker of high professional education of the Russian Federation, member of the direction ‘Transport security’, an expert of the Scientific-Advisory Section of the Center for Security Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SAS CSS RAS)
Maksim M. Gaditsky - Master’s Degree student of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The current paper has considered some factors of the current increase in terrorism on railway transport, which is characteristic not only for Russia, but also becoming universal. The authors of the current study have used formal legal analysis tools and a systematic and legal approach. The current paper has identified the essential features of legal categories that are in a gender-specific relationship and dependent on the concept of “transport security” legalized in Russian law. As a result, the authors have formulated a definition of “anti-terrorist security of an object” being a part of the concept of "transport security". They consider that "transport security" is always considered in the narrow sense of the word, characteristic of the legal interpretation of the analyzed term; and it includes only the protection of transport infrastructure from terrorist crimes and does not affect other illegal actions that could have a negative impact on the degree of security and, accordingly, the efficiency of the transport complex and the transport system of Russia. According to the analysis of the issues of legal regulation of various aspects which enforce security of transport the authors have made a reasonable conclusion about their obvious omissionship and, in part, contradiction, which determines the necessity to resolve these problems of positive law in Russia. The current paper contains definitions of the constituent elements of terrorist criminality in railway transport. There has been substantiated the necessity to improve the anti-terrorism security of railway by establishing the priority of an interagency integrated approach. There has been proposed a set of measures to eliminate the terrorist threat. In particular, there has been proposed to consider the anti-terrorism security of railway transport as an independent direction of the state’s criminal policy.
Keywords: transport security; anti-terrorism security of railway facilities; terrorism; counteraction to terrorism.
- Bagreeva, E. G. Environmental Safety Conditions in the Transport Sector by Improving the Culture of Lawmaking / E. G. Bagreeva, A. I. Zemlin, S. Kh. Shamsunov // Ekoloji. ― 2019. ― Т. 28. ― № 107. — Р. 4071―4076.
- Gir'ko, S. I. O nauchnom obespechenii deyatel'nosti organov vnutrennikh del na transporte v sfere obespecheniya transportnoy bezopasnosti [On the scientific support of the activities of internal affairs bodies in transport in the field of transport security] // Terrorizm i bezopasnost' na transporte : sbornik materialov VI mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. ― Moskva, 2007.
- Zemlin, A. I. Pravovyye problemy obespecheniya transportnoy bezopasnosti [Legal problems of ensuring transport security]: monografiya / pod obshchey redaktsiyey A. I. Zemlina ; predisloviye N. A. Dukhno. ― Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2018.
- Zemlin, A. I. Aktual'nyye problemy pravovogo obespecheniya bezopasnosti transportnoy infrastruktury [Actual problems of legal security of transport infrastructure]: monografiya / A. I. Zemlin, I. V. Kholikov, A. A. Mel'nikova. — Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2019.
- Koryakin, V. M. O sootnoshenii ponyatiya «transportnaya bezopasnost'» so smezhnymi ponyatiyami v oblasti bezopasnosti na transporte [On the correlation of the concept of “transport security” with related concepts in the field of transport security] // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. ― 2017. ― № 11. ― S. 26—32.