Marat Al. Sarsembaev - Doctor of Law, professor of the department of international law of L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan)
Abstract. The current paper is devoted to the analysis of the status and activities of the international transport corridors of the Eurasian continent, to which the Republic of Kazakhstan is directly related. There have been critically considered multilateral international treaties and conventions that govern the general aspects of international corridors and the international transport contract separately. An analytical study has been given on the example of the contracts on international transport corridors “North-South” and “TRACECA”. There have been presented statistical data that characterize the results of activities related to international transport corridors. The current paper has formulated the definition of the concept of an international transport corridor, the purpose of which is to provide high-quality customer service, to deliver its cargo on time and in good preservation. Great importance has been given to digitalization, automation, and robotization of the frights along international transport corridors. It has been noted that in the transport laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan there are no standards related to the management and functioning of international transport corridors. As a result of a critical review of international treaties, contracts and agreements, as well as Kazakhstani legislative acts related to road traffic and means of communication, the author has formulated suggestions and recommendations for improving both international and domestic legal acts. The legal problems of transport corridors in the current paper have been analyzed by the methods of content analysis, critical analysis, and the study of the mutual relations of internal and external issues. There have been given the following proposals to improve international treaties and laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan with their justifications in general: the formulation of the rights and obligations of the Coordination Council at the North-South international transport corridor; substantiation of civil liability of the operator for multimodal transportation; additional means to solve disputes between participating countries; the necessity to adopt a new Kazakhstan law on logistics facilities along transport corridors.
Keywords: transport corridors; treaty/contract; transport; logistics; bill of lading; freight; digitalization.
- Bubnova, G. V. Transportnyye koridory i osi v tsifrovoy transportnoy sisteme [Transport corridors and axes in a digital transport system] / G. V. Bubnova [i dr.] // Transport: nauka, tekhnika, upravleniye. — 2017. — № 7. — S. 11—20.
- Garagozov, D. Rol' sovershenstvovaniya transportnogo zakonodatel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii v razvitii mezhdunarodnykh transportnykh koridorov [The role of improving the transport legislation of the Russian Federation in the development of international transport corridors] // Transportnoye pravo. — 2008. — № 1. — S. 40—47.
- Dukhno, N. A. Pravovoye regulirovaniye perevozok gruzov v pryamom smeshannom soobshchenii [Legal regulation of the transport of goods in direct mixed traffic]: monografiya / N. A. Dukhno, V. M. Koryakin. — Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2010.
- Katsman, F. M. Funktsionirovaniye mezhdunarodnykh i natsional'nykh transportnykh koridorov [The functioning of international and national transport corridors] / F. M. Katsman, Ye. A. Koroleva. — Sankt-Peterburg : Rossiyskaya akademiya transporta, 2002.
- Korzhumbayeva, S. T. Razvitiye seti transportnykh koridorov cherez territoriyu Respubliki Kazakhstan [Development of a network of transport corridors on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan] // Vestnik Kazakhstanskoy akademii transporta i kommunikatsiy. — 2011. — № 2 (69). — S. 119—122.
- Pekhterev, F. S. Ekonomicheskiye aspekty formirovaniya mezhdunarodnykh transportnykh koridorov na territorii Rossii [Economic aspects of the formation of international transport corridors in Russia]: monografiya. — Moskva, 2011.
- Rakhimov, K. K. Transportnyye koridory Yevrazii — vzglyad Kazakhstana na sblizheniye s Rossiyey v sfere razvitiya tranzitnykh koridorov [Transport corridors in Eurasia - Kazakhstan's view of rapprochement with Russia in the development of transit ports of entry ]//RZHD-partner. 2002. № 5 //http://profi.gateway.kg/transport/226-eurasia.htm.
- Pezer, S. M. Mezhdunarodnyye transportnyye koridory: problemy formirovaniya i razvitiya [International transport corridors: problems of formation and development]. — Moskva : VINITI, 2010.
- Ryskulov, D. M Transaziatskiy koridor razvitiya. Vchera, segodnya, zavtra [Trans-Asian Development Corridor. Yesterday, today, tomorrow]: monografiya. — Moskva : Kreativnaya ekonomika, 2012
- Semenov, D. V. Yevraziyskiye transportnyye koridory, prokhodyashchiye po territorii Rossiyskoy Federatsii: problemy mezhdunarodno-pravovogo regulirovaniya [Eurasian transport corridors on the territory of the Russian Federation: problems of international legal regulation] // Yevraziyskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal. — 2011. — № 2 (33). — S. 17—22.
- Spector, R. A. The North-South Transport corridor // Central Asia-Caucasus Analyst.—2002.—July //URL:http://www.brookings.edu/research/articles/2002/07/03russia-spector.
- Starr, F. The Key to Success in Afghanistan: A Modern Silk Road Strategy / F. Starr, A. C. Kuchins // CentralAsia-Caucasus Institute Silk Road Studies Program. — 2010.
- Bol'shim dorogam — bol'she vnimaniya [Big roads need more attention] // Tranzit.kz. Respublikanskiy zhurnal. — 2019. — № 8 (97). — S. 28—30.
- Mezhdunarodnoye chastnoye pravo : sbornik dokumentov [Private international law: collection of document]/ sostaviteli K. A. Bekyashev, A. G. Khodakov. — Moskva, 1997.
- Perspektivy razvitiya transportnykh koridorov Respubliki Kazakhstan [Prospects for the development of transport corridors of the Republic of Kazakhstan] // Vestnik Kazakhstanskoy akademii transporta i kommunikatsiy. — 2013. — № 2. — S. 94—98.