Aleksandr P. Dzhabiev. Chinese megaproject «One Belt One Road (OBOR)»: prospects for the international transport infrastructure development and the world economy revitalization
Aleksandr P. Dzhabiev - Candidate of Economic Sciences, associate professor of the department of customs law and organization of the customs affairs, Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. During the existence of the Silk Road that united East and West in trade, economy, diplomacy and culture, there occurred significant transformations, but the Silk Road has retained its role of intercivilizational dialogue and a connection between countries and continents. Under dynamically changing external environment, the mankind is witnessing the increasing activity of the Silk Road, its geopolitical significance, as today a number of countries is proposing new initiatives to revive the Silk Road. The paper studies the prospects and opportunities to implement the Chinese megaproject ‘One Belt One Road (OBOR)’, aimed at reviving the Silk Road. The results of the 2nd Forum of International Cooperation ‘One Belt One Road (OBOR)’ have been analyzed. The author thinks, that the main reasons to form and implement this project is the global economy growth decrease, as well as an increase in the use of protectionist measures in the system of world economic relations. It has been noted that this project, which envisages the establishment of trade and economic relations between Asia and Europe through the implementation of large-scale transport and logistics infrastructure projects, corresponds to the global economy development. There has been argued a conclusion, that due to the intensification of international transport route construction, the Russia's most important strategic task is to use the Chinese initiative to gain substantial economic dividends based on close mutually beneficial and comprehensive cooperation.
Keywords: Silk Road; Eurasian space; The World Bank; world economy; transport and logistics lines.
- Akayev, A. A. Sadovnichiy V. A. Matematicheskoye izmereniye megoproyekta «Odin poyas — odin put'» [Mathematical dimension of the megaproject “One belt - one way”] // Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. — 2018. — T. 88. — № 8.
- Afonas'yeva, A. V. Ekonomicheskoye prisutstviye Kitaya v stranakh po marshrutu Morskogo Shelkovogo puti XXI veka [The economic presence of China in countries along the route of the 21st century Maritime Silk Road] // Voprosy ekonomiki. — 2018. — № 7.
- Mikheyev, V. Novaya faza razvitiya Kitaya na fone «torgovykh voyn» s SSHA / V. Mikheyev, S. Lukonin [The New Phase of China's Development Against the Background of the “Trade Wars” with the USA] // Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnyye otnosheniya. — 2019. — T. 63. — № 2.
- Obolenskiy, V. P. Ot legitimnogo protektsionizma k torgovym voynam? [. From legitimate protectionism to trade wars?] // Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnyye otnosheniya. — 2018. —T. 62. — № 9.
- Sidorskiy, S. S. Formirovaniye Bol'shogo Yevraziyskogo partnerstva dolzhno sposobstvovat' innovatsionnomu razvitiyu real'nogo sektora ekonomiki stran Soyuza [The formation of the Greater Eurasian Partnership should promote the innovative development of the real sector of the economy of the Union countries]// http://www.eurasiancommission.org/ru/nae/news/Pages/1-06-2017.aspx.
- Strategiya ekonomicheskogo razvitiya. «Odin poyas i odin put'» [Economic development strategy. “One belt and one way”]// ttps://ria.ru/20170514/1494097368.html.
- Telegina, Ye. Sanktsii i torgovyye voyny kak indikatory transformatsii mirovogo khozyaystva. Vozmozhnosti dlya Rossii [Sanctions and trade wars as indicators of the transformation of the world economy. Opportunities for Russia]/ Ye. Telegina, G. Khalova // Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnyye otnosheniya. — 2019. — T. 63. — № 2.