Petrov Yu. - candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, professor of «Customs law and customs affairs» of the Law Institute of Russian University of transport
Abstract. The article discusses the first steps in the railway business in Russia. Provisions from the note of the Austrian nobleman Franz Anton von Gerstner which has awakened interest to Railways in society and government circles of Russia are resulted. The stages of consideration of the note in government circles and decision-making in favor of railway construction are shown.
Keywords: history; railways; concessions; transportation; construction of railways; note Gerstner; Nicholas I.
- Kislinsky, N. A. Our railway policy on the documents of the archive of the Committee of Ministers. — Vol. 1. — SPb., 1902.
- Chuprov, A. I. The first railway in Russia // Selected works on Economics. — M., 2017.
- Petrov, Yu. I. Government policy in the field of railway construction in Russia in the post-reform period // Transport law and safety. — 2016. — № 4.
- Gerstner, F. A. On the benefits of building a railway from St. Petersburg to Tsarskoye Selo and Pavlovsk, highly privileged by his Imperial Majesty the company. — SPb., 1836.
- Golovachev, A. A. History of the Railways in Russia. — SPb., 1881.