Sergey A. Pravkin - Candidate of Law, docent, associate professor of the department ‘Administrative Law, Ecological Law, Information Law’, Law Institute, Russian University of Transport
Vera V. Smirnova - Candidate of Law, docent, associate professor of the department ‘Administrative Law, Ecological Law, Information Law’, Law Institute, Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The current paper has analyzed the organizational and legal foundations of property management and transactions with the holding's real estate. The open joint stock company (JSC) “Russian Railways” completed the transition to a vertically-oriented management in accordance with the types of activities and the transition from horizontal management based on the territorial principle to the management of such business units as logistics, infrastructure, passenger traffic, freight traffic, etc. For this purpose, there were created directorates in accordance with the types of activities. These types of activities (management branches) included certain areas of business, which were facilitated by measures for the implementation of corporate building and organizational development. Real estate management is also carried out in the respective divisions vertically with the distribution of competence. There are applied uniform principles of property accounting and control of the parent company over subsidiaries at all levels. Directions in the use of real estate of the JSC “Russian Railways” have been outlined in the Functional Real Estate Management Strategy of the Russian Railways Holding No. 1357R issued on June 29, 2012, in accordance with which an effective real estate management model should be created. Much has already been done. However, there are still unresolved problems in the field of real estate management in the JSC “Russian Railways”. First of all, they are associated with the current deterioration of individual infrastructure facilities, including real estate being on the balance of the holding. In order to ensure a balance of interests of the state, private shareholders, the mechanism of public-private partnership, as well as other models of foreign investment in real estate, did not find proper application in comparison with foreign countries. The current study has analyzed the policy documents, the activities of the holding, corporate legal framework in decision-making. There have been made individual proposals to improve the organizational and legal environment for managing the company's property, including those related to the development of public-private partnerships.
Keywords: organizational and legal environment; property management; public-private partnership; infrastructure projects.
- Beryakov, S. N. Povysheniye effektivnosti raboty zheleznodorozhnogo transporta na osnove sovershenstvovaniya sistemy upravleniya investitsionnoy deyatel'nost'yu [Improving the efficiency of railway transport on the basis of improving the investment management system]: dis. … kand. ekonom. nauk. — Moskva, 2016.
- Voronin, A. N. Vysokoskorostnoy nazemnyy transport kak resursnyy mul'tiplikator rosta aktsionernoy stoimosti OAO «Rossiyskiye zheleznyye dorogi» [High-speed land transport as a resource multiplier of the shareholder value growth of JSC Russian Railways] / A. N. Voronin, M. S. Timofeyeva // Terra Economicus. — 2014. — Tom 12. — № 2. — Chast' 3. — S. 52—58.
- Kompleksnoye issledovaniye pravovogo regulirovaniya finansovoy deyatel'nosti transportnykh organizatsiy [Comprehensive study of the legal regulation of the financial activity of transport organizations]: monografiya / pod redaktsiyey A. A. Chebotarevoy, S. A. Pravkina. — Moskva : Yuridicheskiy institut MIIT, 2020.
- Mashinova, A. S. Pravovyye aspekty vnedreniya tsifrovoy zheleznoy dorogi v ekonomicheskuyu sistemu Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Legal aspects of the implementation of the digital railway in the economic system of the Russian Federation]// Sovremennyye informatsionnyye tekhnologii v obrazovanii, nauke i promyshlennosti. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov XIV Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii i XII Mezhdunarodnogo konkursa nauchnykh i nauchno-metodicheskikh rabot. — Moskva : Ekon-Inform, 2019.
- Pravkin, S. A. Pravovyye osnovy realizatsii proyektov po investirovaniyu v zheleznodorozhnuyu infrastrukturu [Legal framework for the implementation of projects for investment in railway infrastructure]/ S. A. Pravkin, V. V. Smirnova // Transportnoye pravo i bezopasnost'. — 2019. — № 4(32). — S. 134—139.
- Pravkin, S. A. Problemy realizatsii investitsionnykh proyektov v soglasheniyakh, osnovannykh na gosudarstvenno-chastnom partnerstve [Problems of implementation of investment projects in agreements based on public-private partnership] / S. A. Pravkin, V. V. Smirnova // Rossiyskaya yustitsiya. — 2019. — № 4.