Aleksandra M. Lobanova - Candidate of Economic Sciences, docent, associate professor of the department ‘Informational technologies in jurisprudence and management documentation’ of the Law Institute of the Russian University of Transport
Abstract. The digital transformation of economic sectors creates both completely new challenges and new requirements for existing practices and agreements, and this directly concerns transport and accompanying documents in the activities of Russian transport and logistics, such as invoices (bill of lading), certificates for international road freights and others. Taking into account the acute urgency of organizing cross-border electronic exchange of legally significant transport documents, the current paper has presented the analysis of the mechanism for ensuring the legal significance and power of a document in the cross-border exchange of paper documents, since it has already been formed and now works in cross-border international cooperation. The formed organizational and technological mechanisms, based on information and communication technologies, must maintain the same level of legal power and significance of an electronic document, which is already inherent in a paper document. The paper has systematized the organizational and technological mechanisms for the exchange of electronic transport and shipping documents, such as the unification of format requirements, including an international bill of lading, communication systems to support the exchange of electronic documents, electronic signature of documents, cross-border space of trust, inclusion in the mechanism of a trusted third party and the formation of infrastructure of trusted third parties, mechanisms for ensuring the interoperability of systems, the use of the capabilities of services of digital platforms. These mechanisms have various degrees of approximation to the level of ensuring the legal significance and strength of a paper document, as well as restrictions, and they operate either at the regional or at the narrow industry level. The presented study results made it possible to formulate the questions that should be answered to ensure the cross-border exchange of electronic documents of legal significance.
Keywords: apostille; interoperability of systems; consular legalization of a document; international bill of lading; digital platform; ecosystem of digital transport ports of entry; legal significance of a document.
- Kozinets, N. V. Osobennosti pravovogo regulirovaniya transgranichnoy elektronnoy torgovli v SNG i v ramkakh yevraziyskoy ekonomicheskoy integratsii [Features of legal regulation of cross-border electronic commerce in the CIS and within the framework of Eurasian economic integration] // Aktual'nyye problemy rossiyskogo prava. ― 2015. ― № 10 // URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/osobennosti-pravovogo-regulirovaniya-transgranichnoy-elektronnoy-torgovli-v-sng-i-v-ramkah-evraziyskoy-ekonomicheskoy-integratsii (data obrashcheniya: 28 avgusta 2020 g.).
- Kustov, V. N. Yuridicheski znachimoye transgranichnoye elektronnoye vzaimodeystviye stalo real'nost'yu [Legally significant cross-border electronic interaction has become a reality] / V. N. Kustov [i dr.] // Programmnyye produkty i sistemy. ― 2012. ― № ― 2 // URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/yuridicheski-znachimoe-transgranichnoe-elektronnoe-vzaimodeystvie-stalo-realnostyu (data obrashcheniya: 28 avgusta 2020 g.).
- Lobanova, A. M. Programma Yevropeyskogo soyuza po formirovaniyu yedinogo informatsionnogo prostranstva: struktura, soderzhaniye, realizatsiya [Program of the European Union for the formation of a single information space: structure, content, implementation]// Otechestvennyye arkhivy. ― 2018. —№ 1.
- Lobanova, A. M. Yuridicheskaya sila i yuridicheskaya znachimost' dokumenta. Metodologicheskiye aspekty normativnosti i sistemnosti ponyatiy [Legal power and legal significance of the document. Methodological aspects of normativity and consistency of concepts] // Vestnik VNIIDAD. ― 2020. ― № 3.
- Malyukov, K. A. Elektronnyye dokumenty v mezhdunarodnoy morskoy perevozke gruzov [Electronic documents in international sea transportation of goods] // Pravo i ekonomika. ― 2016. ― № 7.