Elina V. Gubernatorova - Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate professor of the foreign languages department of economic and legal studies of the Altay State University
Nataliya Ev. Kovalenko - Master’s Degree student of the Law Institute of the Altay State University
Vladimir Al. Val'kov - Master’s Degree student of the Lomonosov Moscow State University
Evgeniy Ig. Timofeev - lecturer of the College of the Altay State University
Abstract. The current paper has considered the present problems of legal regulation of the of cross-border insurance of vehicle owners’ liability. The most economically developed countries envisage compulsory liability insurance of vehicle owners’ liability. In law enforcement practice there have been arisen some questions related to the compensation for damage caused to the victim by a foreign vehicle owner. There have been analyzed the features of the legal mechanism of liability insurance in foreign countries. There have been found and substantiated a necessity to apply universal instruments of liability insurance of vehicle owners from the Russian Federation and neighboring states. In connection with gaps in legal regulation, it has been considered expedient to develop an institute of universal civil insurance of commercial vehicle owners’ liability used to cross the CIS border and within the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States. It can give the possibility to the commercial organizations from any of the host countries (CIS) conclude a universal insurance contract for vehicles used to move across the borders of the Commonwealth countries in any of these states. To implement these provisions, it is necessary to create a single normative act regulating the issues of interaction in this area, namely a joint agreement of the CIS countries. On the basis of the conducted study, the authors have proposed to use a mechanism similar to the “Green Card System” with improved amendments. Within the framework of the proposed agreement, there should also be resolved the issues of information exchange via electronic interaction. There has been assumed that through information interaction in this area, there should be taken into account the transparency of maintaining databases and free access to their constituent information. This will allow controlling efficiently a compliance with legislation in this area.
Keywords: cross-border insurance; “Green Card System”; vehicle; road traffic accident.
- Mamedov, A. A. Istoriya i genezis finansovo-pravovogo regulirovaniya strakhovaniya v Rossii [History and genesis of financial and legal regulation of insurance in Russia] // Istoriya gosudarstva i prava. — 2004. ― № 1. ― S. 50―54.
- Zhuravkin, S. G. Kratkiy kurs istorii strakhovaniya [A short course in the history of insurance]. — Moskva : Ankil, 2005
- Cherepanova, A. YU. Razvitiye transgranichnogo strakhovaniya v dorevolyutsionnoy Rossii [Development of cross-border insurance in pre-revolutionary Russia] // Pravo i gosudarstvo: teoriya i praktika. — 2010. ― № 3 (63). ― S. 115―118.
- Rybnikova, I. Nazvany regiony Rossii s naibol'shim kolichestvom avtomobiley [The names of the regions of Russia with the largest number of cars] // Rossiyskaya gazeta. 2018 // URL: https://rg.ru/2018/03/16/reg-cfo/nazvany-regiony-rossii-s-naibolshim-kolichestvom-avtomobilej.html (data obrashcheniya: 1 dekabrya 2018 g.).
- Kostin, YU. V. Strakhovaniye otvetstvennosti vladel'tsev avtotransportnykh sredstv po sisteme «Zelenaya karta» [Liability insurance of vehicle owners under the Green Card system] // Konsul'tantPlyus (rezhim dostupa: 1 dekabrya 2018 g.).
- Pavlova, Ye. V. K voprosu o pravovom regulirovanii sistemy «zelenaya karta» v ES [On the issue of legal regulation of the "green card" system in the EU] // Grazhdanskoye pravo. — 2006. ― № 4. ― S. 41―43.
- Adamchuk, N. G. Teoriya i praktika strakhovaniya [Theory and practice of insurance]: uchebnoye posobiye. — Moskva : Ankil, 2003.
- Arkhipova, A. G. Novyy etap unifikatsii yevropeyskogo strakhovogo dogovornogo prava [New stage of unification of European insurance contract law] // Grazhdanskoye pravo. ― 2016. ― № 5. ― T. 16. — S. 248―273.