Nikolay A. Dukhno - Doctor of Law, professor, Director of Law Institute, Russian University of Transport (MIIT), honorary worker of higher education of the Russian Federation
Abstract. Based on the estimation of environmental security and transport, the paper deals with the person needs to meet opposing interests. On the one hand, people are constantly striving to meet constantly growing transportation needs, destroying and polluting the environment, creating environmental hazards. On the other hand, a person needs environmental safety, which is possible only in the favorable environment. The state of the environment in transport remains alarming, despite of the measures taken to reduce pollution of natural objects with transport products. The made efforts and the money invested in the environmental protective programs do not ensure environmental security in transport. In order to achieve environmental security, it is necessary to improve transport, introduce new technologies, eliminate harmful effects on the environment, compensate for environmental damage and educate high environmental and legal culture among transport workers.
Keywords: environmental security; environment; natural objects; pollution; destruction; human health; transport; transport system.
- Makarova, N. M. Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost' sistemy obrashcheniya s otkhodami na ob"yektakh po khraneniyu i unichtozheniyu khimicheskogo oruzhiya [Ecological safety of the waste management system at facilities for the storage and destruction of chemical weapons] // Bezopasnost' zhiznedeyatel'nosti. — 2019. — № 2 (218). — S. 40—43.
- Katin, V. D. Problemy povysheniya ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti neftepererabatyvayushchikh proizvodstv i puti ikh resheniya [The problems of improving the environmental safety of oil refineries and ways to solve them] / V. D. Katin, S. V. Bulgakov // Bezopasnost' zhiznedeyatel'nosti. — 2019. — № 2 (218). — S. 44—48.
- Litvin, N. V. Znachimost' formirovaniya osnov ekologicheskoy i yadernoy bezopasnosti u studentov tekhnicheskikh vuzov v kurse obshchey fiziki [The significance of the formation of the foundations of environmental and nuclear safety among students of technical colleges in the course of general physics. Modern pedagogical education] // Sovremennoye pedagogicheskoye obrazovaniye. — 2019. — № 2. — S. 46—48.
- Udartseva, O. V. Issledovaniye ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti s ispol'zovaniyem informatsionnykh tekhnologiy [Study of environmental safety using information technologies] // Yestestvennyye i tekhnicheskiye nauki. — 2019. — № 1 (127). — S. 129—131.
- Bulgakova, L. S. Administrativno-pravovyye osnovy obespecheniya ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti v Rossii [Administrative and legal bases of environmental security in Russia] // Yevraziyskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal. — 2019. — № 1 (128). — S. 177—178.
- Strategicheskoye upravleniye v sfere ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti: nereshennyye problemy : sbornik statey [Strategic management in the field of environmental safety: unsolved problems] / pod redaktsiyey S. G. Kharchenko. — Moskva: Maks-Press, 2019.
- Sidorov, YU. P. Prakticheskaya ekologiya na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Practical ecology in railway transport]. — Moskva: FGBOU «Uchebno-metodicheskiy tsentr po obrazovaniyu na zheleznodorozhnom transporte», 2013.